St. Mary's Church
NEWS FLASH: Father Dennis is no longer the "Administrator" of St. Mary's but has been appointed our PASTOR effective August 1st, 2019. CONGRATULATIONS, Father Dennis! We are ONE HAPPY PARISH!!!!
A Message from Father Dennis:
FATHER DENNIS' email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org OR contact him at the Parish Office: 403-932-2944
FOR EMERGENCIES: call Mount St. Francis Retreat at 403-932-2012 OR call Fr. Dennis' cell at 780-668-0145
Summer Greetings to All!
Everyone has a favourite colour, and my colour of preference is green. And this, in part, is why I love summer. I love the warm weather, the long days, and the green grass and leaves on the trees. The summer scenery around Cochrane is fantastic!
Did you know that there are four liturgical colours? They are red, white, purple and green. During our walk through Lent, the colour purple is prevalent. At Easter and through the 50 days of the Easter Season we see a lot of white at our Masses. On Pentecost we briefly see the colour red.
We are back into "Ordinary Time," and the colour green - my colour of choice - is now the seasonal liturgical colour.
My favourite football team also wears my favourite colour. What a coincidence ....
Have a wonderful summer,
P.S. GO RIDERS GO! GO RIDERS GO!
DEACON Ron Fortier assists Father Dennis in his pastoral duties.
Thanks for all you do, Deacon Ron!
SUMMER AT ST. MARY’S:
- July And August Mass Schedule: All Masses will continue as usual:
Saturdays - 5:00 pm;
Sundays - 10:00 am,
Tuesdays - 7:00 pm;
Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays - 9:00 am.
Bethany Mass: Tuesday, Aug.13 at 1:30 pm. Big Hill Lodge Mass: Thursday, Aug. 8, at 10:30 am.
- Note: No Mass at Bethany nor Big Hill Lodge in July.
- Reconciliation & Adoration of The Blessed Sacrament with Benediction: Saturdays, 11 am - 12 noon.
- Summer Office Hours: - Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays: 8 am - 12 noon; Fridays 9 am - 12 noon, Closed all Stat. holidays
- Saturdays 11 am – 12 noon with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction, OR by appointment .
- See Bulletin for Seasonal Reconciliation Services during Advent and Lent.
Mission Statement: We are a community of faith trusting in God's love, open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit working within each member, attempting to model ourselves on Christ, and called to serve Him in others.
Address: 10 River Heights Drive, Cochrane, AB, T4C 0N8
Note: Postal Code on map is incorrect!
- Mon.: 8 am - 12 pm;
- Tues., Wed., Thurs.: 8 am - 2 pm;
- Fri.: 9 am - 12 pm.
New to the Parish?
- We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to fill out a printable or online NEW PARISHIONER REGISTRATION FORM. Registration will ensure you're included in Parish communications. If using the printable form, you may scan and EMAIL or FAX (403-932-4587) to our SECRETARY or just drop the hard copy into the collection basket next time you're at Mass.
- For a brochure explaining CATHOLIC STEWARDSHIP click HERE.
- A Ministry is a great way to become actively involved in our parish community. For more INFORMATION on our ministries, click HERE. To volunteer in one of our parish ministries, click HERE for an online or printable VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP sign-up form. Complete and return the printable form by placing it in the collection basket at Mass or drop off your form at the Parish Office.