St. Mary's Church
St. Mary's celebrates its "125th ANNIVERSARY" in 2020. The book, "St. Mary's Centennial Celebration 1895-1995" is now accessible in digital form so you can catch up on our history!! See "100 Years" in the menu at the top of this page.
A Message from Father Dennis:
FATHER DENNIS' email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org OR contact him at the Parish Office: 403-932-2944
FOR EMERGENCIES: call Mount St. Francis Retreat at 403-932-2012 OR call Fr. Dennis' cell at 780-668-0145
Advent Greetings to All!
There should be a gym to “work out” my patience and my waiting!
As we near the beginning of the 21st year of the 21st century we are hearing so much about unrest, impatience and anxiety in a growing number of countries in our world.
* Ongoing war in Syria and Yemen;
* Civil unrest in Hong Kong, Lebanon, Iraq, Egypt, Venezuela, Bolivia;
* Greta Thumberg rallying young people, worried about their future, to protest in over 100 countries against global warming.
This is just a sample of the growing frustration and anxiety with political and social institutions that are failing their people. Many are wanting change, and they want it “NOW”! They are running out of patience.
The core theme for ADVENT is “waiting.” And so, in our liturgies, we will be hearing a lot about how to wait – that we need to be patient, prayerful, joyful, active, generous and hopeful in our waiting for the coming of our Lord. This kind of waiting we need to pray about, but we must also put it into practice into our daily lives.
Often, in our journey through life, we need to “wait well” and to “prepare well” for an upcoming event or a change in direction. ADVENT is a time to work on this part of our “Christian skill set” as we prepare for the celebration of the Solemn Feast of the birth of our Lord into our world and our lives.
- Saturdays 11 am – 12 noon with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction, OR by appointment
- 2019 PARISH ADVENT RECONCILIATION CELEBRATION AND CONFESSIONS will be on Wednesday, December 11th, at 7 pm. Four priests will be available
See Bulletin for Seasonal Reconciliation Services during Advent and Lent
NEW CHRISTMAS MASS TIMES (all Masses are in the Main Church Hall)
Christmas Eve, December 24th: 4 pm. 6 pm, 8 pm, 10 pm (only one Mass at 6 pm)
One Mass on Christmas Day: 10 am
For information about Masses from Dec. 26-Jan. 1st., see the Bulletin.
Mission Statement: We are a community of faith trusting in God's love, open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit working within each member, attempting to model ourselves on Christ, and called to serve Him in others.
Address: 10 River Heights Drive, Cochrane, AB, T4C 0N8
Note: Postal Code on map is incorrect!
- Mon.: 8 am - 12 pm;
- Tues., Wed., Thurs.: 8 am - 2 pm;
- Fri.: 9 am - 12 pm.
New to the Parish?
- We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to fill out a printable or online NEW PARISHIONER REGISTRATION FORM. Registration will ensure you're included in Parish communications. If using the printable form, you may scan and EMAIL or FAX (403-932-4587) to our SECRETARY or just drop the hard copy into the collection basket next time you're at Mass.
- For a brochure explaining CATHOLIC STEWARDSHIP (Time, Talent, Treasure), click HERE.
- A Ministry is a great way to become actively involved in our parish community. For more INFORMATION on our ministries, click HERE. To volunteer in one of our parish ministries, click HERE for an online or printable VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP sign-up form. Complete and return the printable form by placing it in the collection basket at Mass or drop off your form at the Parish Office.