St. Mary's Church
ATTENTION: As of July 1st, we have implemented Stage 3 of the Provincial/Diocesan Reopening Plan. Pre-registration is no longer required. See particulars of our re-opening here at St. Mary's, Cochrane in Fr. Dennis' letter that follows:
MESSAGE FROM FR.DENNIS
Peace and all good,
PARISH SUNDAY OFFERINGS . . . Please remember that while we are in the pandemic situation, collection will not be taken during Mass. TWO COLLECTION BOXES ARE IN PLACE, one in the Gathering Area and one at the West Doors.
Please keep supporting our parish with weekly or recurring donations. Offering envelopes may be dropped off in the receptacles provided at the church when you come to Mass. Or you can support the parish through online giving. See information in the Bulletin from Greg Braganza (accountant for St. Mary's). There is also a plan for sending donations to our parish at https://www.catholicyyc.ca/give. THANK YOU!!
Need Someone to talk to?
Deacon Ron is available by appointment for anyone who would like to talk with him. Call the parish office at 403-932-2944 to set up a time for your chat.
Fr. Dennis (Fr. Dan, July 4-23) is available for Confessions or just to talk. Please call to make an appointment 403-932-2944.
If you need help during the pandemic . . .
– St. Mary's parish has two groups available to help the most vulnerable and those who are stranded due to the impact of the coronavirus, including those who have been asked to self-quarantine. If help is needed, reach out to one of the groups/teams mentioned below to run errands, do your grocery shopping, and/or pick up prescription drugs.
– Lean On Us — LeanOnUs2020@gmail.com
– Charitable Pandemic Response Team— firstname.lastname@example.org
Grocery Cards Fundraiser
Thanks to all who have been getting their "contact-less" Grocery Cards (available before and after weekend Masses, or from the Paris Office during office hours) to use for family shopping at Co-Op, No Frills, Superstore, Safeway, Sobeys, and/or Save On Foods!! Get more information from Helen Stock (403) 932-2782 OR at email@example.com. See also "Stay Informed" —> News or OnGoing Events. Despite COVID-19, our profits for 2020 = $9300.00! Mid-point this year the profits are $3234.00.
WEEKEND Masses (no pre-registration required)
Saturday 4 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am and Noon
WEEKDAY Masses (no pre-registration required)
Wednesday and Friday at 9 am
3rd Wed. of each month at 1:30 pm at Hawthorne (prev. Points West Living) NOTE: no Mass July 21 as Fr. Dennis is on holiday
NOTE: Live-streamed daily Masses and/or Sunday Masses can still be accessed from the Diocesan website HERE during the COVID-19 pandemic.
CONFESSION-Fr. Dennis (Fr. Dan, July 4-23) is available to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation, or if you just need to talk. Please call the office to make an appointment. 403-932-2944.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays 11 am - noon (one hour only). No pre-registration required.
New to the Parish?
– WELCOME! We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to fill out a printable or online NEW PARISHIONER REGISTRATION FORM. Registration will ensure you're included in Parish communications. If using the printable form, you may scan and EMAIL or FAX (403-932-4587) to our SECRETARY or just drop the hard copy into the collection drop-box next time you're at Mass.
– For a brochure explaining CATHOLIC STEWARDSHIP (Time, Talent, Treasure), click HERE.
– A MINISTRY is a great way to become actively involved in our parish community. For more INFORMATION on our ministries, click HERE. To volunteer in one of our parish ministries, click HERE for an online or printable VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP sign-up form. Complete and return the printable form by placing it in the collection drop-box at Mass or bring your form at the Parish Office during office hours.
MISSION STATEMENT: We are a community of faith trusting in God's love, open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit working within each member, attempting to model ourselves on Christ, and called to serve Him in others.