St. Mary's Church
TO PRE-REGISTER for regular SUNDAY or WEEKDAY MASSES, click HERE.
We can accommodate 75 parishioners per Mass (based on the most recent AHS regulation). If you register for a Sunday Mass, and if you just can’t attend even though you planned to, please contact the Parish Office before noon on Friday to cancel your reservation. After noon on Friday, please email Fr. Dennis at firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your reservation and allow someone else the space.
MESSAGE FROM FR.DENNIS
THANK YOU FOR MAKING CHRISTMAS A REALITY AT ST. MARYS
There were a lot of extra Masses and extra work this Christmas because of the Covid-19 protocol restrictions announced by the Provincial Government and the Diocese of Calgary. As well, extra volunteers were needed to provide all the needed services and ministries for our Christmas season Masses.
A special thank you goes out to the following people:
- To Tim Ellenbroek and Mark Hendricks for cleaning the parking lot after a heavy snowfall just before Christmas, and to Larry LaClare for shovelling and snow-blowing the church doorways and all the sidewalks.
- To Cheryl Senecal and her family for decorating the church for Christmas.
- To the point of entry (POE) people, the ushers, sanitizers, musicians, singers and readers for making sure we had safe and meaningful faith celebrations.
- And to Deacon Ron who handled the Mass pre-registration schedule.
And thank you to anyone else I forgot to mention. There was some apprehension over what might happen or could happen at the Masses, but because of the thoughtfulness and generosity of the many volunteers and ministers everything went smoothly.
Blessings in 2021, and may we all get our vaccinations soon!
MASKS ARE NOW MANDATORY at all indoor public gatherings in Cochrane—this includes during Mass and all visits to St. Mary's church.
PARISH SUNDAY OFFERINGS . . . Please remember that while we are in the pandemic situation, collection will not be taken during Mass. TWO COLLECTION BOXES WILL BE IN PLACE, one in the Gathering Area (entry point) and one at the West Doors (exit point). Please keep supporting our parish with weekly or recurring donations. Offering envelopes may be dropped off in the receptacles provided at the church when you come to Mass. Or you can support the parish through online giving. See information in the Bulletin from Greg Braganza (accountant for St. Mary's). There is also a plan for sending donations to our parish at https://www.catholicyyc.ca/give
Grocery Cards Fundraiser
Continuing through COVID-19, our profits to August 2020 = $6615.00! Thanks to all who have been getting their "contact-less" Grocery Cards from the Parish Office to use for family shopping at Co-Op, No Frills, Superstore, Safeway, Sobeys, and/or Save On Foods!! Get more information from Helen Stock (403) 932-2782 OR at email@example.com. Further details under "Stay Informed" —> News or OnGoing Events.
Need Someone to talk to?
Deacon Ron is available for anyone who would like to talk with him Wednesdays or Thursdays between 1 pm and 3 pm. Call the parish office at 403-932-2944 to set up an appointment for a chat.
Fr. Dennis is available for Confessions or just to talk. Please call him to make an appointment 403-932-2944.
If you need help during the pandemic . . .
– St. Mary's parish has two groups available to help the most vulnerable and those who are stranded due to the impact of the coronavirus, including those who have been asked to self-quarantine. If help is needed, reach out to one of the groups/teams mentioned below to run errands, do your grocery shopping, and/or pick up prescription drugs.
– Lean On Us — LeanOnUs2020@gmail.com
– Charitable Pandemic Response Team— firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday: 4:00 pm
Sunday: 10:00 am and Noon
Wednesday and Friday : 9 am
NOTE: Live-streamed daily Masses and/or Sunday Masses can be accessed from the Diocesan website during the COVID-19 pandemic HERE.
CONFESSION-Fr. Dennis is available to celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation, or if you just need to talk. Please call him to make an appointment. 403-932-2944.
EUCHARISTIC ADORATION is held on Tuesdays and Saturdays 11 am - noon (one hour only). 20 people are allowed in the Chapel. A seat may be reserved HERE.
Mission Statement: We are a community of faith trusting in God's love, open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit working within each member, attempting to model ourselves on Christ, and called to serve Him in others.
Find us just south of the town centre and east off Hwy 22 at James Walker Trail & River Heights Drive, Cochrane, Alberta. To get "traditional directions" click HERE.
To PRE-REGISTER for ATTENDANCE AT MASS (weekday or weekend) click HERE. Please note, you don’t need to be registered with Flocknote to sign up for Mass.
Address: 10 River Heights Drive, Cochrane, AB, T4C 0N8
Note: Postal Code on map is incorrect!
Mon. – Thurs. 8 am - 2 pm;
Fri.: 9 am - Noon
Closed All Stat. Holidays
New to the Parish?
- WELCOME! We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to fill out a printable or online NEW PARISHIONER REGISTRATION FORM. Registration will ensure you're included in Parish communications. If using the printable form, you may scan and EMAIL or FAX (403-932-4587) to our SECRETARY or just drop the hard copy into the collection drop-box next time you're at Mass.
- For a brochure explaining CATHOLIC STEWARDSHIP (Time, Talent, Treasure), click HERE.
- A MINISTRY is a great way to become actively involved in our parish community. For more INFORMATION on our ministries, click HERE. To volunteer in one of our parish ministries, click HERE for an online or printable VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP sign-up form. Complete and return the printable form by placing it in the collection basket at Mass or drop off your form at the Parish Office.