St. Mary's Church
A Message from Father Dennis:
FATHER DENNIS' email address is: email@example.com OR contact him at the Parish Office: 403-932-2944
FOR EMERGENCIES: call Mount St. Francis Retreat at 403-932-2012 OR call Fr. Dennis' cell at 780-668-0145
Back in January, the Epiphany of our Lord not only marked that God includes "all people" in His loving plan of salvation, but it also signalled the end of the Christmas season. This celebration and the end of the Christmas season begs the question, "Are we just as happy to anticipate Christmas as we are to see Christmas come to a close?"
Many of us, including myself, would quickly answer, "Yes, thank God it's over!"
Two young people who often altar serve were seated with their families in the second row this past Sunday. They looked exhausted and were yawning throughout the Mass. They - and there were a number of adults at Mass who had the same tired appearance - looked like they had had enough of Christmas, and were probably looking forward to going back to school or work the next day. They, like the rest of us, were feeling the effects of the intensity of this major celebration and were somewhat anxious to get back to the ordinary events of life.
We are not built to party and celebrate with great fervour each and every day. We need "down time," routine days, duller days, to bring some balance back into our lives.
So, let us welcome "Ordinary Time" back into our lives!
Peace and all good,
Deacon Ron Fortier arrived at St. Mary's in August 2018 to assist Father Dennis in his pastoral duties.
Thanks for all you do, Deacon Ron!
NEWS FLASH! Our parishioners now have access to premium video content from "WORD ON FIRE" during Lent. These films and videos feature Bishop Robert Barron who has been hailed as “one of the Church’s greatest messengers" and is the second most-followed Catholic in the world on social media (behind only Pope Francis.)
To access this extraordinary video library, please visit our site on-line at https://stmaryscochrane.flocknote.com/ and click on the WORD ON FIRE link.
If you are not already signed up, do so now and Flocknote will e-mail or text a confirmation message AND another message with a link you'll need to click to complete the process. If you prefer, you can text from your cell phone: SMCochrane to 514-900-0130.
- Saturdays 11 am – 12 noon with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction, OR by appointment .
- See Bulletin for Seasonal Reconciliation Services during Advent and Lent.
Mission Statement: We are a community of faith trusting in God's love, open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit working within each member, attempting to model ourselves on Christ, and called to serve Him in others.
Address: 10 River Heights Drive, Cochrane, AB, T4C 0N8
Note: Postal Code on map is incorrect!
- Mon.: 8 am - 12 pm;
- Tues., Wed., Thurs.: 8 am - 2 pm;
- Fri.: 9 am - 12 pm.
New to the Parish?
- We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to fill out a printable or online NEW PARISHIONER REGISTRATION FORM. Registration will ensure you're included in Parish communications. If using the printable form, you may scan and EMAIL or FAX (403-932-4587) to our SECRETARY or just drop the hard copy into the collection basket next time you're at Mass.
- For a brochure explaining CATHOLIC STEWARDSHIP click HERE.
- A Ministry is a great way to become actively involved in our parish community. For more INFORMATION on our ministries, click HERE. To volunteer in one of our parish ministries, click HERE for an online or printable VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP sign-up form. Complete and return the printable form by placing it in the collection basket at Mass or drop off your form at the Parish Office.