WELCOME to St. Mary's Parish, CochraneWe, the parishioners of St. Mary's, wish to extend a warm welcome to our new parish priest, Father Andrew Pyon. Father Andrew is coming from his former parish in Airdrie. We wish him all the best as he settles in to his new home here at St. Mary's and we look forward to getting to know him in the days and weeks ahead. God's blessings upon him!
- For St. Mary's SEPTEMBER 2014 CALENDAR of EVENTS, click here.
- SUMMER LITURGICAL MINISTRIES: During the summer, we are always short of Liturgical Ministers. If you are a regular Liturgical Minister and happen to be around through the summer, please come early and help where you can at Mass. THANKS!
- NOTE: the location for ONE ROCK (Aug. 15, 16, 17, 2014) has changed. Click here for more information.
- SUMMER OFFICE HOURS: July & August: Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 8:00 am – 12:00 noon. Closed Mondays & Fridays.
Regular Office hours begin again September 2.
- Our GROCERY CARD fundraiser has been a HUGE success! NOTE: With Sobeys having moved from Cochrane in early April, there are a few changes. Click here for information.
- See the Parish Bulletin (June 8) for information about the painting: "The Gissing Last Supper" by famous local artist, Ronald Gissing, now hanging in the office complex at St. Mary's.
- St. Mary's is YOUR parish community.
Get involved. Sign up in a parish ministry. To volunteer click here.
River Heights Dr.
Get DIRECTIONS here.
We are just south of the town and east off Hwy 22
at James Walker Tr.
To learn the story
Confessions & Adoration
Saturday 11 am - 12 noon
or by appointment
Weekday MASS SCHEDULE for the Summer . . .
AUGUST: Weekday Mass: Tuesday & Wednesday at 7 pm. Thursday & Friday Masses at 9 am.
EXCEPTIONS: Tuesday, August 12, Mass at Bethany 1:30 pm. And on Thursday, August 28, the Mass at Big Hill Lodge 10:30 am will REPLACE the usual 9 am Mass on this Thursday only.
except on the second Tues. of each month when Mass is celebrated at Cochrane Bethany Care Center at 10:30 am
except on the fourth Thurs. of each month when Mass is celebrated at Cochrane Big Hill Lodge at 10:30 am
Tues - Fri 11:15 am
If a funeral is scheduled,
the weekday Mass at St. Mary's
may be cancelled.
Are You NEW to the PARISH?
- We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to print and fill out the New Parishioner's REGISTRATION FORM. It's a sure way to make certain you're included in Parish communications. You can scan and e-mail or FAX the form to our Secretary or drop the hard copy into the collection basket next time you're at Mass. For a brochure explaining Catholic Stewardship click here.
- If you want to become actively involved in our parish community, a MINISTRY is a great way to do so.
- Print a VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP sign-up FORM and place the completed form in the collection basket at Mass or drop it off at the Parish Office.
- Grocery Card FUNDRAISER: Buy our Grocery Cards and support this very profitable fundraising endeavour. CO-OP (5%); SOBEY'S (10%); SAVE ON FOODS (6%); NO FRILLS (5%); and SAFEWAY (8%). July 1st and August 5th are the summer 10% TUESDAYS for cards at these stores! Join us!! To learn how you can redeem your SOBEYS (10%) cards, click HERE.
- See important information re. change of venue for ONE ROCK August 15. 16, and 17 at top of page.
- NOTE Summer OFFICE HOURS and changes to WEEKDAY MASSES for July and August. See above or check on sidebar to the right.
- For more events, visit our CALENDAR and BULLETINS pages (or click on the tabs at top of this page).
STEWARDSHIP of Time, Talent, Treasure
Our STEWARDSHIP is a complete and total way of life. It acknowledges our dependence on God for all we have and all we are. Stewardship of our time, talent and treasure lies at the heart of our Christian life. In short, it’s something we do; it’s the way we live. As Christian stewards, we receive God’s gifts gratefully, cultivate them responsibly, share them in loving justice with others, and return them with increase to the Lord.
See our STEWARDSHIP PRAYER.
Stewardship of TREASURE
Please consider the spiritual and practical benefits of a pre-authorized commitment to the Stewardship of Treasure. Your gifts toward weekly Sunday offerings, the Building Fund, Together in Action, and other Catholic charities can be handled by Direct Debit, MasterCard or Visa simply with your pre-authorization. Click here for the necessary forms. Fill out your preferred method of contribution; then drop your signed pre-authorization into the collection basket next time you're at Mass, or hand-deliver or Fax it to the Parish Office. NOTE: the signed form may be scanned and attached in an email to the Parish Secretary.
Stewardship of TIME and TALENT
One of the greatest gifts God gives us is our TIME. When we hand back a portion of each day to the One who made all our days without thinking about what we get in return, we are living the life of a steward. Please prayerfully ponder the descriptions of the various MINISTRIES that St. Mary's offers and begin your discernment.
Additionally, every one of us has something we can do to help others. The gift of our TALENTS invites us to recognize, cherish and share our God–given abilities. How can YOU enrich your parish’s faith family? Click here for a brochure about Catholic stewardship. Then print a VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP FORM and sign up for the ministry(s) of your choice. Drop the completed form into the collection basket next time you're at Mass or mail it to us.