WELCOME to St. Mary's Parish, Cochrane
A MESSAGE FROM FATHER ANDREW:
A word about 'ORDINARY TIME' in the Church cycle:
Christ is the center of the Liturgical Year. Over the course of the year we follow Christ, come to know Christ more, die and rise to life with Christ, look forward to eternity with Christ.
During Ordinary Time, which we begin from January 12, 2015, the Church celebrates the fullness of the mystery of the Lord Jesus. The people of God offer praise by celebrating the Paschal Mystery of the death and resurrection of Jesus.
Sunday is the original Christian Feast Day, following the tradition handed down from apostolic times, for this was the day of the Lord's resurrection. I like to invite everyone to come and celebrate the mystery of the Lord Jesus Christ with St. Mary's Parish Community.
- A NEW MASS TIME will be ADDED to WEEKENDS: SUNDAY EVENINGS at 7 pm beginning September 13th. It will designated the "Youth Mass," but EVERYONE is welcome!
- Please continue to pray for our pastor, Father Andrew, who is undergoing cancer treatments. And we ask for your prayers for the many others in the parish who are sick or otherwise in special need of God's blessings. Many thanks!
- SENIORS (50+) LUNCH (every second month) starts on Wed. September 23. TIME: 12-1 pm; COST: FREE!! All seniors welcome. Come join the fellowship!
- NEW: A STUDY on PSALMS, to be presented by Warren Harbeck, a parishioner, will begin Thurs. Sept. 24th at 7pm.
- St. Mary's new STATIONS of the CROSS have been completed: the paintings are now mounted onto beautiful wooden frames. An introduction to the 16-STATION WAY of the CROSS in our worship area has been posted on the bulletin board leading into the Gathering Area. Why are these 16 Stations somewhat different from the traditional ones? Have a look at the image to the left and then VISIT the PHOTOS/VIDEOS page to see a MOVIE about St. Mary's Way of the Cross or simply CLICK HERE.
- The Knights of Columbus 3rd Annual GOLF TOURNAMENT, August 29th. For more information and to register, inquire at Office.
- The WORKSHOP "Called to Protect" (a safe environments training program to avoid child abuse—a Diocese of Calgary initiative) will be held again in the Fall for St. Mary's VOLUNTEERS who have not yet attended. NOTE: Volunteers and Coordinators of the many Ministries in the parish will find answers re. Volunteer Screening (from the Policies and Procedures Manual and the helpful videos) by linking to the Diocesan site—just CLICK ON the "Strengthening Our Parish Communities" LOGO on the left.
- Our GROCERY CARD fundraiser continues to be a HUGE success! WHO-O-O-O-O's got theirs?? (Grocery cards, that is.) Don't miss the next 10% TUESDAY on September 1st. Click HERE for more information.
- The DVD LENDING LIBRARY is an ongoing resource for parishioners. See the table located in the Gathering Area near the Connections Store. Inspirational FAMILY MOVIES are available to borrow for a 1-2 week period, with new ones every month. Donations gratefully accepted for St. Mary's building fund.
To learn more about St. Mary's SACRED GARDEN and its mystical LABYRINTH,see this amazing video crafted by one of our talented parishioners, click HERE. Or click on the "SACRED GARDEN" TAB at the top of this page.
- See some great photo memories from the St. Athanasius Greek Dinner Fundraiser evening (held back in May)on the PHOTOS/VIDEOS page (click its 'TAB' at the top of this page).
- Remember, St. Mary's is YOUR parish community. Get involved. Sign up in a parish ministry. To volunteer click HERE.
St. Mary's Catholic Church
River Heights Drive
We are just south of the town
and east off Hwy 22
at James Walker Trail
To learn the story behind our
CONFESSIONS & Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament with Benediction:
Saturday 11 am - 12 noon
or Confessions by appointment
Tuesday EVENING 7:00 pm
(September through June)
at 1:30 in the AFTERNOON
when Mass is celebrated at Cochrane Bethany Care Center
(September through June)
at 10:30 in the MORNING
when Mass is celebrated at Cochrane Big Hill Lodge
Are You NEW to the PARISH?
- We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to print and fill out the New Parishioner's REGISTRATION FORM. It's a sure way to make certain you're included in Parish communications. You can scan and e-mail or FAX the form to our Secretary or drop the hard copy into the collection basket next time you're at Mass. For a brochure explaining Catholic Stewardship click here.
- If you want to become actively involved in our parish community, a MINISTRY is a great way to do so.
- Print a VOLUNTEER / STEWARDSHIP sign-up FORM and place the completed form in the collection basket at Mass or drop it off at the Parish Office.
STEWARDSHIP of Time, Talent, Treasure
Our STEWARDSHIP is a complete and total way of life. It acknowledges our dependence on God for all we have and all we are. Stewardship of our time, talent and treasure lies at the heart of our Christian life. In short, it's something we do; it's the way we live. As Christian stewards, we receive God's gifts gratefully, cultivate them responsibly, share them in loving justice with others, and return them with increase to the Lord. Click here for our STEWARDSHIP PRAYER.
Stewardship of TREASURE
Please consider the spiritual and practical benefits of a pre-authorized commitment to the Stewardship of Treasure. Your gifts toward weekly Sunday offerings, the Building Fund, Together in Action, and other Catholic charities can be handled by Direct Debit, MasterCard or Visa simply with your pre-authorization. Click here for the necessary forms. Fill out your preferred method of contribution; then drop your signed pre-authorization into the collection basket next time you're at Mass, or hand-deliver or Fax it to the Parish Office. NOTE: the signed form may be scanned and attached in an email to the Parish Secretary.
Stewardship of TIME and TALENT
One of the greatest gifts God gives us is our TIME. When we hand back a portion of each day to the One who made all our days without thinking about what we get in return, we are living the life of a steward. Please prayerfully ponder the descriptions of the various MINISTRIES that St. Mary's offers and begin your discernment.
Additionally, every one of us has something we can do to help others. The gift of our TALENTS invites us to recognize, cherish and share our God–given abilities. How can YOU enrich your parish’s faith family? See this BROCHURE about Catholic stewardship. Then print a VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP FORM and sign up for the ministry(s) of your choice. Drop the completed form into the collection basket next time you're at Mass or mail it to us.
Parish Mission Statement:
We are a community of faith trusting in God's love, open to the gifts of the Holy Spirit working within each member, attempting to model ourselves on Christ, and called to serve Him in others.