WELCOME to St. Mary's Parish, Cochrane
For a final review of the 2014 SYNOD on the FAMILY, click here for a video.
Our GROCERY CARD fundraiser has been a HUGE success! WHO-O-O-O-O's got theirs?? Click here for more information.
- Check out St. Mary's new FACEBOOK page. It's amazing!! Be sure to 'like' us. Click HERE.
- St. Mary's is YOUR parish community. Get involved. Sign up in a parish ministry. To volunteer click HERE.
St. Mary's Catholic Church
River Heights Dr.
Get DIRECTIONS here.
We are just south of the town
and east off Hwy 22
at James Walker Tr.
To learn the story behind our
CHRISTMAS Season MASS SCHEDULE 2014:
- Wed., Dec.17: Advent Reconciliation — 7:30 pm
- Tues., Dec. 23: Evening Mass — 7 pm
- Wed., Dec. 24: Christmas Eve Mass — 6 pm, 8 pm, and 10 pm
- Thurs., Dec. 25: Christmas Day Mass — 10 am
- Fri., Dec. 26: Morning Mass — 9 am
- Sat., Dec. 27: Holy Family Mass — 5 pm
- Sun., Dec. 28: Holy Family Mass — 10 am
- Tues., Dec. 30: Evening Mass — 7 pm
- Wed., Dec. 31: New Year’s Eve Mass — 5 pm
- Thurs., Jan. 1: New Year’s Day Mass — 10 am
- Fri., Jan. 2: Morning Mass — 9 am
CONFESSIONS & Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament with Benediction:
or Confessions by appointment
At St. Mary's Cochrane EVERY WEDNESDAY IN ADVENT — DECEMBER 3, 10, 17 from 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Also ADDITIONAL Advent PENITENTIAL SERVICES (Confessions) with MULTIPLE PRIESTS in the N.W. CALGARY PASTORAL ZONE:
Thurs., Dec. 4th at St. Luke’s, Calgary
Tues., Dec. 9th at Corpus Christi, Calgary
Thurs., Dec. 11th at St. Joseph, Calgary
Thurs., Dec. 11th at St. Paul, Airdrie
Fri., Dec. 12th at St. Agnes, Carstairs
Tues., Dec. 16th at St. Pius, Calgary
Tues., Dec. 16th at St. Peter, Calgary
Wed., Dec. 17th at St. Mary's, Cochrane
Thurs., Dec. 18th at Canadian Martyrs, Calgary
Thurs., Dec. 18th at Ascension, Calgary
All PENETENTIAL SERVICES are at 7:30 pm.
REGULAR MASS TIMES:
TUESDAY evening only**NEW**
and on the second Tues. of each month when Mass is ALSO celebrated at Cochrane Bethany Care Center
at 1:30 pm **NEW**
at 1:30 pm **NEW**
Wednesday **NEW**, Thursday & Friday
at 9:00 am
and on the fourth Thurs. of each month when Mass is ALSO celebrated at Cochrane Big Hill Lodge at 10:30 am
Are You NEW to the PARISH?
- We extend a warm welcome to new parishioners. Please take a moment to print and fill out the New Parishioner's REGISTRATION FORM. It's a sure way to make certain you're included in Parish communications. You can scan and e-mail or FAX the form to our Secretary or drop the hard copy into the collection basket next time you're at Mass. For a brochure explaining Catholic Stewardship click here.
- If you want to become actively involved in our parish community, a MINISTRY is a great way to do so.
- Print a VOLUNTEER / STEWARDSHIP sign-up FORM and place the completed form in the collection basket at Mass or drop it off at the Parish Office.
- Grocery Card FUNDRAISER: Buy our Grocery Cards and support this very profitable fundraising endeavour. CO-OP **(10.5%)** NEW!!; SOBEY'S (10%); SAVE ON FOODS (6%); NO FRILLS (5%); and SAFEWAY (8%). JANUARY 6th, 2015 is the next 10% TUESDAY for cards at these stores! Join us!! To learn how you can redeem your SOBEYS cards in Calgary (since Sobey's moved from Cochrane last spring), click HERE.
- St. Mary's SACRED GARDEN
was officially blessed by
Bishop Henry on September 7th. The Garden is open 24/7.
Any time, any season drop by the Garden, walk through its tranquil pathways, and experience for yourself this place of peace and serenity —perfect for quiet contemplation! For more about the Sacred Garden, click here.
- For more events, visit our CALENDAR and BULLETINS pages (or click on the tabs at top of this page).
STEWARDSHIP of Time, Talent, Treasure
Our STEWARDSHIP is a complete and total way of life. It acknowledges our dependence on God for all we have and all we are. Stewardship of our time, talent and treasure lies at the heart of our Christian life. In short, it’s something we do; it’s the way we live. As Christian stewards, we receive God’s gifts gratefully, cultivate them responsibly, share them in loving justice with others, and return them with increase to the Lord.
See our STEWARDSHIP PRAYER.
Stewardship of TREASURE
Please consider the spiritual and practical benefits of a pre-authorized commitment to the Stewardship of Treasure. Your gifts toward weekly Sunday offerings, the Building Fund, Together in Action, and other Catholic charities can be handled by Direct Debit, MasterCard or Visa simply with your pre-authorization. Click here for the necessary forms. Fill out your preferred method of contribution; then drop your signed pre-authorization into the collection basket next time you're at Mass, or hand-deliver or Fax it to the Parish Office. NOTE: the signed form may be scanned and attached in an email to the Parish Secretary.
Stewardship of TIME and TALENT
One of the greatest gifts God gives us is our TIME. When we hand back a portion of each day to the One who made all our days without thinking about what we get in return, we are living the life of a steward. Please prayerfully ponder the descriptions of the various MINISTRIES that St. Mary's offers and begin your discernment.
Additionally, every one of us has something we can do to help others. The gift of our TALENTS invites us to recognize, cherish and share our God–given abilities. How can YOU enrich your parish’s faith family? See this BROCHURE about Catholic stewardship. Then print a VOLUNTEER/STEWARDSHIP FORM and sign up for the ministry(s) of your choice. Drop the completed form into the collection basket next time you're at Mass or mail it to us.