Always check our WEEKLY BULLETIN for the latest news in the parish. This page contains only some of the "highlights."
EXTRA! EXTRA! READ all about St. Mary's 100 years (1895-1995) Simply click "100 Years" tab at top of this page for the book.
ST. MARY’S 125TH ANNIVERSARY is coming up in 2020!! The ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE has put the 100th Anniversary Book on the parish website for all to enjoy (and to catch up on our history). Check out more about our past under “About Us” —> “History” and “Church Construction.”
Thanks to the book author, Bev Pamenter, and the St. Mary's 125 Anniversary Committee for this digital publication.
WHOOOOOO'S GOT THEIR GROCERY CARDS? Grocery Cards are available in the Gathering Area after each weekend Mass, or at the Parish Office. You can purchase yours with cash, cheque, Debit, Mastercard, or Visa.
- Co-op (6% profit),
- Nofrills/Superstore (5% profit),
- Safeway/Sobeys (5% profit), and
- Save On Foods (6% profit).
We purchase our grocery gift cards in bulk at a discounted price; you buy them from us for $100 and get to spend $100 - an excellent fundraiser, which is used to help make St. Mary’s Mortgage payments. Information, Helen Stock (403) 932-2782 OR email@example.com
of ST. MARY'S
- WEEK OF PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY—Saturday, January 18 to Saturday, January 25, 2020. Click HERE for more information.
- NEW MASS TO START IN JANUARY — On the 3rd Wednesday of each month, at 1:30 pm, beginning January 15, 2020, there will be a Mass at Points West Living, 60 Fireside Gate, Cochrane. ALL ARE WELCOME!
- ROSARY FOR PEACE— All are welcome to gather before the weekend Masses - 4:30 pm on Saturday and 9:30 am on Sunday - in the Christ The King Chapel, as we pray the Rosary for Peace in the World. Please feel welcome to join us even if you’re running a bit late. Come in as soon as you can!
- SEEKING CHRIST?
- ADULTS —Do you know someone who is not baptized, or baptized in another denomination who has expressed a desire to learn about the Catholic faith? Do you know someone who is a baptized Catholic but never confirmed or received First Eucharist? The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is meant for them. For more info., contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- AND for CHILDREN —Do you wish to help lead your child into a relationship with Jesus Christ? "JESUS SAID, LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO ME, AND DO NOT STOP THEM." (Matthew 19: 14). The Rite of Christian Initiation of Children meets on Sunday mornings, focuses on the teachings of Jesus, and how to live as His disciple. RCIC leads to the reception of the sacraments of baptism, confirmation and first eucharist at an Easter vigil. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- 125th ANNIVERSARY PRAYER: Beginning the weekend of Jan. 25 & 26, the parish will be starting to say the 125th Anniversary Prayer at weekend Masses: Most Gracious God, we give You praise and thanksgiving for the gift of our parish community. For the past 125 years, You have guided our spiritual journey, and have inspired Your people to come together in prayer and fellowship. Renew our spirit and strengthen our resolve to reach out and serve others as a sign of Your love and, in doing so, be true beacons of Christ’s light in our world. May Mother Mary, our patron, continue to inspire us to be a holy people. And may our devotion to You help us to seek new ways to give witness to the love of Jesus in our commitment to love each other now and in the generations to come. We make this prayer in the name of Jesus our Lord. Amen.
- The SACRAMENT OF FIRST EUCHARIST FOR CHILDREN: Registration Sessions for First Eucharist (children in Grade 2 and older): Saturday & Sunday, January 25 & 26 immediately after Mass. $25.00 fee. **Baptismal Certificate required.** No First Eucharist Registrations accepted after January 26th. First Eucharist Classes are Feb. 5, 19, March 4 and 18, at the church 6:30-7:30 pm for parents and candidates!
- The SACRAMENT OF CONFIRMATION FOR CHILDREN (Grade 6 and older): Registration Sessions for Confirmation will be held on Saturday and Sunday, January 25 & 26 immediately after Mass. $25.00 fee. **Baptismal Certificate required** The Confirmation Introductory Night is February 12 at 6:30 pm.
- MEN’S RETREAT: MEN, does your battery need recharging? Transmission slipping? The Men’s Retreat at Mt. St. Francis, February 7-9, is the answer! Theme: The Way of St. Francis. Registration or more info.: Ken Hagel at403-932-7067, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS from a CHRISTIAN PERSPECTIVE: DO WE HAVE the COURAGE to DO IT RIGHT? At St. Michael Catholic Community on Thursday, February 6. In this presentation, Dr. Mark Kolodziej (certified psychotherapist and a Knight of Columbus) will be speaking about Christian relationship and dating, providing parents, teachers, and youth ministers with the scientific evidence which supports and complements Scripture and Church teaching on the area of sexuality and relationships. Cost: $25 per couple/individual. To get your tickets, or to learn more about Dr. Kolodziej and his topic, visit www.saintmichael.ca/faithformation.
- THE 2020 DONATION ENVELOPES have been moved to the Office area. Please contact Greg Braganza for any issues related to donation envelopes at email@example.com or call (403) 932-2944, ext. 228.
- TRIVIA NIGHT Fundraiser JANUARY 17: - organized by the Knights. Form teams of 4 to 6 friends, test your trivia skills, have fun, and raise funds for St Mary’s building fund and Catholic education. This is a Family Event for everyone over 12. Cost is $25 per person (cash and cheques), and includes a light dinner between 6 and 7 pm. Trivia starts at 7 pm. Registration form available in the Gathering Area after Mass. Info. contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save the Date February 8, 2020—A Taste of St. Mary's Family Date Night
- CCEF RAFFLE- WIN $75,000—The Calgary Catholic Education Foundation is once again holding a raffle to raise funds for learning enhancements for the 116 schools and 58,000 students of the Calgary Catholic School District. Tickets are available at our school or on-line at www.theccef.ca. Tickets prices are $10 for a single ticket and $25 for a 3-pack (must be sold together). The raffle will run from January 6 to February 21, 2020 with an early bird draw on January 24th. Ticket order forms have been sent home, or are available by downloading the form at: CCEF cash raffle.pdf and sending your payment to the front office. Through fundraising and donations, the Calgary Catholic Education Foundation has contributed more than two million dollars towards programs, equipment and sustainable learning resources for Calgary Catholic Schools since 2009. Holy Spirit has received $22,000 from the Foundation. Thank you for your support.
—Holy Spirit School, 129 Powell Street, Cochrane, AB T4C 1Y2 Tel: 403-500-2065 www.cssd.ab.ca/schools/holyspirit
- ST. MARY’S PASTORAL CARE TEAM is eager to visit the lonely, shut-ins, aging, sick, dying and bereaved. If you would like a visit from our team, or to arrange a meeting with them, please call Jim Ward (403-981-8882) or email him (email@example.com), and Jim will arrange it.
- PRAYER CHAIN: This ministry consists of a group of people who say a special prayer of their choice each day for the prayer chain intentions, and especially at the time that they receive a new request. Each new intention is emailed out to the group as I get them. If you wish to be added to our list of ‘pray-ers’ or if you just want to put a prayer request onto the prayer chain, please contact Linda Nicol at firstname.lastname@example.org
- BULLETIN BY EMAIL: Would you be interested in receiving our weekly St. Mary's Church bulletin by email? The email copy is in beautiful colour, and all other documents handed out with the bulletin at the church are also sent out with the email bulletin. If you are interested in saving paper, please contact Charlene at the Parish Office to be put onto the bulletin email list 403-932-2944; email@example.com
- NOT REGISTERED YET?? If you have not yet registered with the Parish, please take a moment to fill out a New Parishioner Registration form, which is available near the coffee station in the Gathering Area OR you can fill out a form online—see the "FORMS" tab at the top of this page. Registration will ensure you're included in Parish communications.
- NEWS ALERT ON USE OF CREDIT CARDS: Did you know that St. Mary's Parish pays a little more than $10,000.00 each year for credit card fees? Therefore, and if possible, please consider using cash, debit card, or a cheque when paying for grocery cards, sacramental preparation materials, etc. Thank you!
- LIBRARY: - near the Lost and Found, by Connections. Nice selection of books available to our parishioners. Have a look!