Always check our weekly Bulletin for the latest news in the parish. The following listing contains only some of the "highlights."
- REGISTRATION SESSIONS FOR THE SACRAMENTS OF FIRST EUCHARIST AND CONFIRMATION FOR CHILDREN: - for First Eucharist: Wed., Jan. 30, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. $25.00 fee. **Baptismal Certificate required.** - for Confirmation (children in Grade 6 and older): Wed., Jan. 30, from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. $25.00 fee. **Baptismal Certificate required.**
- MEN'S RETREAT: MEN: Battery need recharging? Transmission slipping? Too many demands? Running flat out? "Come and rest awhile" and you're guaranteed to be made stronger at the Men's Retreat at Mount St. Francis from Friday, Feb. 1 to Sunday noon, Feb. 3. No charge--goodwill offering gratefully accepted. Contact Ken Hagel at (403)932-7067, or email@example.com for further information/registration.
- THE ANNUAL WEEK OF PRAYER FOR CHRISTIAN UNITY, Jan. 18 – 25, 2019 - celebrated around the world, this week encourages Christians of all denominations to meet, to participate in various liturgical and other community activities, and to pray together that all may be one, as Christ desires. The importance of unity among Christians, and the responsibility of the people of each parish to work for this unity, should be emphasized throughout the week. All members of the parish should seek to have a deeper understanding of ecumenism. More info.: http://www.cccb.ca/site/eng/media-room/announcements/5024-resources-for-2019-week-of-prayer-for-christian-unity
- BISHOP McGRATTAN’S UPCOMING PASTORAL VISIT: Friday, Feb. 1 to Sunday, Feb. 3. We are thrilled to announce that Bishop McGrattan will be visiting us here at St. Mary’s! During his visit, he will follow an activity-packed itinerary, including a full schedule of meetings with all the members of the various ministries here in our church, presiding and preaching at Masses, and visiting our schools to meet with staff and students. Plan to join him in the Gathering Area after Masses for our usual coffee time. The Bishop wants to meet as many of our parishioners as he can. He wants to share in the feeling of community, of caring, and of friendship that we enjoy here at St. Mary’s.
- WELCOME NEW PARISHIONERS! St. Mary’s has welcomed 66 new parishioners since September 1. If you are new to the parish, or if you have been here a while and have not yet registered, New Parishioner Packages, containing registration forms and other information about St. Mary's, are available in the Gathering Area, near the coffee. WELCOME TO ST. MARY’S!!
- FAMILY SPAGHETTI DINNER: Saturday, January 26, 6:30 pm. $25.00/person, $75.00 per family, Children under 6 - free. Purchase tickets in the Gathering Area.
- ST. MARY'S PARISH SENIORS’ LUNCHEON: Thursday, January 24, 12 pm.
- Menu: Creamy Broccoli Soup, Gluten- and lactose-free menu (Chicken vegetable soup), Assorted Baking.
- Entertainment: Anne and Keith.
- R.S.V.P to reserve your place no later than Friday, January 18 by calling the Parish Office (403-932-2944) during office hours. Limited space available, so book early.
- CALGARY FLAMES GAME: Diocese of Calgary has partnered with the Calgary Flames to get discounted tickets for the game on Friday, Feb. 22, 7:00 pm, between the Flames and archrival Anaheim Ducks. Discounted tickets are $39. Each ticket purchased will help fundraise for Elizabeth House, a home for at risk pregnant or parenting youth and their babies. The first 100 people to purchase tickets will receive a voucher to an exclusive pre-game event in the Alumni Lounge, and have a Meet and Greet with Bishop McGrattan. To purchase your tickets at the special price, visit http://news.calgarydiocese.ca
- THEOLOGY OF THE BODY CONFERENCE: Coming March 8 & 9, 2019, at St. Michael’s Catholic Community, 800 85 St. SW, Calgary. Join internationally acclaimed speakers, authors, and our popular entertainer in the one-and-a-half-day Conference to find answers to your decisive questions about our human destiny, and how to orient your life and actions toward authentic fulfilment - in Christ. Registration: $50/student, $60/adult, at https://www.catholicyyc.ca/tob.html
- DONATION ENVELOPES for the 2019 tax year are ready in the Gathering Area. If you no longer want / need your assigned envelope, please contact Greg Braganza or Charlene Gale so that the number can be re-assigned. For those who do not have envelopes but would like some, please fill out one of the forms on the table and leave it in the basket provided. If you would prefer to automate your gift-giving, Debit and/or Credit Card Authorization Forms are on the tables as well.