Always check our weekly Bulletin for the latest news in the parish. This page contains only some of the "highlights."
Introducing the beautiful new
"St. Mary's Parish in Cochrane" logo!
Many thanks to the creative talents of Ceci at Art & Design by Maria Cecilia Arango M.
NEWS FLASH! Our parishioners now have access to premium video content from "WORD ON FIRE" during Lent. These films and videos feature Bishop Robert Barron who has been hailed as “one of the Church’s greatest messengers" and is the second most-followed Catholic in the world on social media (behind only Pope Francis.)
To access this extraordinary video library, please visit our site on-line at https://stmaryscochrane.flocknote.com/ and click on the WORD ON FIRE link.
If you are not already signed up, do so now and Flocknote will e-mail or text a confirmation message AND another message with a link you'll need to click to complete the process. If you prefer, you can text from your cell phone: SMCochrane to 514-900-0130.
FOR LENTEN REFLECTION: SHARING OUR HISTORY: THE WAY OF THE CROSS - 16 STATIONS
Bev Tosh was commissioned by our Parish to paint the 16 Stations of the Cross, displayed here at St. Mary's church. The choice of the stations was inspired by St. John Paul II’s Good Friday 1991 Papal call for developing themes that are clearly supported by Scripture. Our 16 Stations were installed in 2015. See the bulletin board leading into the Gathering Area for more information or go to https://www.stmaryscochrane.ca/about-us/videosphotos .
The Fifth Station:
“The Lord turned and looked at Peter. Then Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said to him, ‘Before the cock crows today, you will deny me three times.’"
The Sixth Station:
JESUS BEFORE PILATE
“Pilate said to the crowd, ‘What should I do with Jesus who is called the Messiah?’ All of them said, ‘Let him be crucified!’”
The Seventh Station:
JESUS is WHIPPED and CROWNED
“After flogging Jesus, the soldiers of the governor stripped him and put a scarlet robe on him, and after twisting some thorns into a crown, they put it on his head. They put a reed in his right hand and knelt before him and mocked him, saying, ‘Hail, King of the Jews!’”
- WEAR GREEN at the Masses on the WEEKEND of MARCH 16/17 . . . HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY and HAPPY 12th ANNIVERSARY TO ALL! On St. Patrick's Day, 2007, we moved into this facility. As the years go by, we remain grateful to all the hearts and hands who are the family of St. Mary's Parish. We are also thankful to those who are no longer with us. We have been enriched by the Faith, Hope and Love of many.
- SENIORS, MARK YOUR CALENDARS! The next Seniors' Luncheon will be held on March 20th at St. Mary's Church at 12:00 noon. Menu: Caesar salad; meat lasagna and garlic bread (low gluten and lactose intolerant choice available); Dessert: fruit cocktail and Spanish donuts. RSVP no later than March 13; call parish office at 403-932-2944 or sign up at your local Senior housing centre.
- IT’S BACK!! KofC GARAGE SALE: After a few year hiatus, the Knights will be holding a Garage Sale on May 25th, 2019 at the Boys and Girls Club Parking Lot. The Knights will be accepting/picking up donated items for the sale from parishioners starting on April 27th, 2019. More information to come.
- BIBLE STUDY NEWS–
- A MORNING BIBLE STUDY, "UNLOCKING THE MYSTERY OF THE BIBLE" (8 weeks) will be offered again in the parish beginning Thurs., March 21, 10 am in the Boardroom. Cost: $25.00 for workbook. Information: email@example.com.
- A THREE PART BIBLE STUDY, "THE BOOK OF ACTS" (Part I: 6 weeks) will begin on Monday evening, April 29, 7 pm in the Boardroom. Part II will continue in the Fall 2019. Cost: $35.00 for workbook. Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration for both Bible Studies will be held on March 16-17 in the Gathering Area after Mass.
- FAMILY FUN NIGHTS: Stay for pizza and fellowship! The next Family Fun Night will be Saturday, March 16, at 6 pm, following Saturday evening Mass. Please RSVP Nick by Friday, March 15 if you can attend at email@example.com
- FAMILY CHOIR: Do you and/or your children enjoy singing or playing instruments? A new FAMILY CHOIR is starting up, and will take place one Saturday each month at the Mass in conjunction with the Parish Family Fun Night! We are currently looking for members to join us. Contact Brettly Battistone at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- ST. MARY'S MOTHERS' GROUP IS LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS! We are a group of mothers that meet on Thursdays from 9:30-11:30 at the church. We participate in faith studies, fellowship, and enjoy the support of each other in this church community! Due to our growing numbers, we are asking for volunteers to help out once a month with child care. If you would like to contribute to this great ministry, please speak to Sarah Simoni or Brettly Battistone, or contact us at email@example.com.
- 2019 PARISH LENTEN MISSION, March 25-28, 2019 with FR. BOB MITCHELL, ofm, from MT. ST. FRANCIS RETREAT:
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings— 6:30 pm. Each evening begins with Mass at 6:30 pm, followed by a presentation by Fr. Bob at 7:00 pm.
- Monday & Tuesday, Fr. Bob will be available for Reconciliation or a chat at 7:40 pm
- Wednesday evening—presentation at 6:30 pm; Penitential Service at 7:10 pm; Reconciliation at 7:30 pm (five priests will be available).
- Thursday will be the conclusion of the Mission; a reception will be held in the Gathering Area at 7:40 pm.
- FRIDAYS DURING LENT: Join us at 6:15 pm Fridays, until April 12, for a meal of meatless soup and buns, followed by The Stations Of The Cross at 7 pm. These evenings will be led by:
- March 22 - Ladies of St. Mary's
- March 29 - Couples for Christ
- April 5 - RCIC/RCIA
- April 12 - K of C
Please sign up on the sheet in the Gathering Area if you are coming, so we know how many guests to prepare for. Gluten-free option will be available.
- FOR PRAYER LIFE DURING LENT -- Rosaries are available on the Ushers’ Table. Please help yourself
- TOGETHER IN ACTION 2019, AN ANNUAL DIOCESAN FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN http://TIA.CalgaryDiocese Funds collected above our Goal will be used to pay down the mortgage!
- HELPING HANDS FOOD DRIVE: Saturday, April 13, 10am
- HOSTING SITE: Bow Valley Baptist Church
- DONATE: Please place unexpired, non-perishable food donations in a bag or box on your doorstep before 10am. Volunteers pick up before noon.
- VOLUNTEER: Call 587-580-9448 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- "FAITHFULLY"- A new magazine, replacing the Carillon Magazine. Provides insights of discipleship in the Diocese of Calgary, giving a snapshot of faith at work in the lives of everyday people. The online publication will be sent by email to all subscribers. There is no charge for this magazine. It is free. SUBSCRIBE: http://faithfully.calgarydiocese.ca NOTE: Those without computers, contact the Parish Office (403-932-2944), and we’ll provide a paper copy of the magazine for you.
- HOLY SPIRIT SCHOOL FUNDRAISERS: This Spring, we will be selling Spolumbo's Sausage, and various items from Ever-Green Greenhouse (including hanging baskets and potted plants), to help School Council fund our Artist in Residency Program, the Health Fair at Spray Lakes, and other events throughout the year. Our goal with fundraising is to enrich the learning experience for your children at Holy Spirit School! Information and Order Sheets were sent home earlier this week and are available at: www.cssd.ab.ca/schools/holyspirit All order sheets and money must be sent back to the school no later than March 22. Cheques are payable to Holy Spirit School Council. Any Questions? Contact Chelsea Paolini, Fundraising Coordinator, at email@example.com or call 403-589-6395. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
- We love having you as part of our flock! Let’s keep in touch! Get important updates via email & text. FLOCKNOTE lets you choose what info. you'd like to receive - via e-mail or text message - from St. Mary’s, and you can unsubscribe any time! If you haven’t already signed up, please take a moment now to join your fellow parishioners for this new service. It’s free, it’s simple, and it will streamline our Communications. Just visit https://app.flocknote.com/StMarysCochrane to sign up. If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact Darryl Goyetche via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LIBRARY: - near the Lost and Found, by Connections. Nice selection of books available to our parishioners. Have a look!