Always check our weekly Bulletin for the latest news in the parish. This page contains only some of the "highlights."
Introducing the beautiful new
"St. Mary's Parish in Cochrane" logo!
Many thanks to the creative talents of Ceci at Art & Design by Maria Cecilia Arango M.
EXTRA! EXTRA! READ all about St. Mary's 100 years (1895-1995) in book-form.
Click on "100 YEARS" in the menu at the top of this page. Thanks to the book author, Bev Pamenter, and the St. Mary's 125 Anniversary Committee for this digital publication.
WHOOOOOO'S GOT THEIR GROCERY CARDS? Grocery Cards are available in the Gathering Area after each weekend Mass, or at the Parish Office. You can purchase yours with cash, cheque, Debit, Mastercard, or Visa.
- Co-op (6% profit),
- Nofrills/Superstore (5% profit),
- Safeway/Sobeys (5% profit), and
- Save On Foods (6% profit).
We purchase our grocery gift cards in bulk at a discounted price; you buy them from us for $100 and get to spend $100 - an excellent fundraiser, which is used to help make St. Mary’s Mortgage payments. Come visit with us in the Gathering Area. Information, Helen Stock (403) 932-2782 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
- HAVE YOU BEEN WONDERING ABOUT THE CATHOLIC FAITH OR DO YOU WISH TO BECOME CATHOLIC? The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the Church's way of bringing new adult members into the Catholic Church. Instruction in our Catholic faith is provided weekly on Thursday evenings from September - June.
DOES YOUR CHILD (OVER 7 YEARS) WISH TO BE BAPTIZED? The Rite of Christian Initiation of Children (RCIC) meets weekly on Sunday mornings at 9 am from September to June. It is a process for children 7 years and older, leading to the reception of the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and First Eucharist.
For both RCIA and RCIC contact email@example.com. NOTE: RCIA continues every Thursday evening until the end of June. NO meetings in July and August. Will resume on Thursday, September 12th.
- A WEBSITE YOU MIGHT FIND CONVENIENT is www.masstimes.org - for people who are travelling, to find mass times and locations while they are away.
- FAMILY FUN NIGHT – For information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Next Family Fun Night will be Sept. 14th.
- THE LADIES OF ST. MARY’S MINISTRY will be reconvening on Wednesday, Sept. 11th when we hope to see many new faces.
- WELCOME FR. DAN GURNICK, ofm— Fr. Dan, from Mt. St. Francis Retreat, will be replacing Fr. Dennis, who is away on holidays until Monday, July 22nd. Fr. Dan can be reached at the Parish Office, or at Mt. St. Francis Retreat, 403-932-2012.
- DATES FOR 2019 CEMETERY MASSES:
- Tues., August 13, 7:30 pm @ Queen's Park Cemetery
- Wed., August 14, 7:30 pm @ Mountain View Cemetery
- MOM'S of ST. MARY'S— NO MEETINGS in July or August. Information: email email@example.com.
- ST. MARY'S PARISH SENIORS’ LUNCHEON: This past week . . . Great food and fun had by all! The Sing-a-long was wonderful! Thank you to the musicians for leading us through all those precious memories, and thank you again to the committee for giving us all such a special day!
- NEXT COCHRANE AND AREA - WIDE FOOD DRIVE: Sat., Sept. 14, 10am. Location: Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Center. Contact: 587-580-9448; firstname.lastname@example.org
- SUMMER AT ST. MARY’S:
- July And August Mass Schedule: All Masses will continue as usual:
Saturdays - 5:00 pm;
Sundays - 10:00 am,
Tuesdays - 7:00 pm;
Wednesdays, Thursdays, & Fridays - 9:00 am.
Bethany Mass: Tuesday, Aug.13 at 1:30 pm.
Big Hill Lodge Mass: Thursday, Aug. 8, at 10:30 am.
- Note: No Mass at Bethany or at Big Hill Lodge in July.
- Reconciliation & Adoration of The Blessed Sacrament with Benediction: Saturdays, 11 am - 12 noon.
- Summer Office Hours: - Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Thursdays: 8 am - 12 noon; Fridays 9 am - 12 noon, Closed all Stat. holidays.
- Reduced Frequency of Bulletins July & August: The Summer Bulletins here at St. Mary’s will only be June 29/30, July 27/28, and Aug.17/18. We go back to our regular bulletin every weekend Aug.31/Sept.1. Check the website www.stmaryscochrane.ca and bulletin boards in the church for current announcements during the summer.
- Also, No Diocesan Bulletin in July or August
- THE NEW LITURGICAL MINISTRY SCHEDULES have been emailed to those volunteers with email; they are available at Connections for those who do not have email; and they are available on St. Mary’s Website at https://www.stmaryscochrane.ca/stay- informed/ministry-scheds If you are listed on the schedule but will be unable to attend, please arrange for someone to replace you. We are often short of Liturgical Ministers, so PLEASE come early and help when you are here for Mass. Thanks!
- Summer Operational Expenses are about the same as for the rest of the year, but we often find that our income is reduced, as many parishioners are away. If you would like to maintain your level of contribution during your absence, please fill out the Direct Debit Authorization Form on our website, and turn it in to the Parish Office. For further information, call the office at 403-932-2944, 8:00 am to 12:00 noon, Monday to Thursday, or 9:00 am to noon, Friday.
- LET’S CELEBRATE OUR HERITAGE AND DIVERSITY! Cochrane and St Mary’s is mostly made up of people from “somewhere else.” Where were you born? Where did you come from before making your home in Cochrane? Let’s celebrate the rich heritage and diversity in our parish community. Please indicate where you were born or previously resided by putting a sticky dot on the map and write it down in our heritage book.
Thank you. Fr. Dennis, ofm
Note: MAP OF “OUR” WORLD — This beautiful Map was created by the talented and budding artists at St. Timothy Jr/Sr. High School, and is hanging in our Gathering Area.
- ST. MARY’S PASTORAL CARE TEAM is eager to visit the lonely, shut-ins, aging, sick, dying and bereaved. If you would like a visit from our team, or to arrange a meeting with them, please call Jim Ward (403-981-8882) or e-mail him email@example.com, and Jim will arrange it.
- FLOCKNOTE: - convenient, timely information about activities in our parish! Visit our site at: flocknote.com/StMarysCochrane or from your cell phone text SMCochrane to 514-900-0130. See more info in the Bulletin.
- TOGETHER IN ACTION—You are making a difference in the lives of many! Our goal: $25,394. We're on the home-stretch to our goal. Less than $8,000 remaining!
- NEWS ALERT ON USE OF CREDIT CARDS: Did you know that St. Mary's Parish pays a little more than $10,000.00 each year for credit card fees? Therefore, and if possible, please consider using cash, debit card, or a cheque when paying for grocery cards, sacramental preparation materials, etc. Thank you!
- LIBRARY: - near the Lost and Found, by Connections. Nice selection of books available to our parishioners. Have a look!