Always check our weekly Bulletin for the latest news in the parish. This page contains only some of the "highlights."
Introducing the beautiful new
"St. Mary's Parish in Cochrane" logo!
Many thanks to the creative talents of Ceci at Art & Design by Maria Cecilia Arango M.
- WHOOOOOO'S GOT THEIR GROCERY CARDS? Thank you to all who are helping with this very important project to help pay the bills by buying your Grocery Cards in the Gathering Area after each weekend Mass, or at our Parish Office! When you buy a grocery card for $100.00, you use it to buy $100.00 worth of groceries at the store. This fundraiser doesn't cost you anything! Your participation in this program is greatly appreciated!! Helen Stock: email@example.com (403)932-2782.
- FR. DENNIS WILL BE AWAY ON VACATION till May 21. WELCOME TO Fr. Kevin Lynch, ofm, who is filling in for Fr. Dennis during this time. Fr. Kevin will be celebrating the weekday Masses, confessions/adoration on Saturday, and the weekend Masses on the long weekend. For emergencies please contact Fr. Kevin at Mount St. Francis Retreat, at 403-932-2012.
** To learn more about ST. MARY'S LABYRINTH click here.
- DID YOU KNOW . . . the first 100-year history of St. Mary’s was commemorated in a book entitled, A Centennial Celebration 1895-1995, St. Mary’s Church, Cochrane and it will be available soon on the Church website? Do you have any stories or anecdotes regarding St. Mary’s from the last 25 years (1995- 2019) that you can share? If so, please contact Jennifer Foy (403) 851-7680 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- RCIC is cancelled for Sunday, May 19th - Victoria Day Holiday weekend. The last Sunday Session for RCIC is June 9th, Pentecost.
- RCIA continues every Thursday evening until the end of June. NO meetings in July and August. It will resume on Thursday, September 12th.
- The last morning for the Bible Study "Unlocking the Mystery of the Bible" is May 23rd.
- The Bible Study on 'The Book of Acts' is cancelled on Monday, May 20th (long weekend). Our last evening for that study is Monday, June 10th.
- There will be no 9 am Mass on Friday May 31.
- June 8/9 - Wear Red for Pentecost
- June 22/23 - Statement T-Shirt Weekend
- Rosary Makers last day before summer break is Wed., May 15; will resume on Wed., Oct. 16.
- THERE WILL BE AN OPEN HOUSE TO CELEBRATE JOYCE COTTON'S 90TH BIRTHDAY —Saturday May 18, from 6:30 pm on, in the Gathering Area. All parishioners are invited to come and wish Joyce a Happy Happy Birthday!!
- FAMILY FUN NIGHT on SATURDAY, MAY 11th was a HUGE SUCCESS!! Next FAMILY FUN NIGHT will be Saturday, June 8, at 6:00 pm right after Mass. For that event, Fr. Dennis is collecting "Hot Wheels tracks." If you have some track collecting dust, please consider donating it to St. Mary's so Fr. Dennis can play with his Hot Wheels cars :-) This is a monthly happening. Stay for pizza and fellowship the second Saturday of each month. Please RSVP by the Friday prior to each event if you can attend, email: email@example.com
ST. MARY'S WESTERN ROUNDUP: Annual Fundraiser
* Saturday, June 1st, 2019
* Cocktails starting at 6:30 pm.
* Tickets: $60 each. Available after Mass in Gathering Area, or at the Parish Office.
* Dinner, Silent Auction, One Complimentary Beverage, Live Auction, Live Entertainment, and Cash Bar.
* Bandanas for $5, and Bolo Ties for $25 are also available for purchase
- IT’S BACK!! K of C GARAGE SALE: The Knights will be holding a Garage Sale,May 25th, 9am to 5pm, at the Boys’ and Girls’Club Parking Lot. They will be accepting/picking up donated items for the sale from parishioners/others starting on April 27 and continuing through May 24.
Parishioners can drop off materials after Saturday or Sunday Mass during this period. Please contact an usher to facilitate that process starting on the April 27th Mass. In addition, we will be accepting donations at the Boys’ and Girls’ Club (semi-trailer parked in the parking lot), on 5th Avenue from 9am to 1pm on each of Saturday April 27, May 4, 11 and 18.
In cases where seniors or others who require some assistance or in the case of large items, we will have the ability to pick up items. Please call either Jim Biblow at 403-880-5444 or David Delainey at 403-804-7180 to arrange for pick up.
Please note: we are unable to accept ski and golf equipment, tube TV’s and older computer equipment. Unfortunately, no charitable receipts can be provided. Funds raised will be used to support the Parish and the local community.
- ST MARY’S MUSIC MINISTRY NEEDS YOU! We will be having a few masses without music until we can find new musicians to join us. We will provide music, training, and lots of encouragement. Pianists need to have a level 7-8 Exam proficiency. Advanced guitar players also welcome. Please contact Nathene at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 403-851-9912 for more information.
- LIBRARY: - near the Lost and Found, by Connections. Nice selection of books available to our parishioners. Have a look!