Always check our weekly Bulletin for the latest news in the parish. This page contains only some of the "highlights."
EXTRA! EXTRA! READ all about St. Mary's 100 years (1895-1995)
Click on "100 YEARS" in the menu at the top of this page to see the whole book.
FUN FACT FROM THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY BOOK : Did you read that one of St. Mary’s Church bells has a name? It’s Julius! Today “Julius” is joined by two other bells, and they hang in the church tower near the front entrance.
Thanks to the book author, Bev Pamenter, and the St. Mary's 125 Anniversary Committee for this digital publication.
ST. MARY’S 125TH ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE has put the 100th Anniversary Book on the church’s website for all to enjoy. Also, under the “About Us” section on our website, there is more information under “History” and “Church Construction” about the past as well as about more recent times.
TOGETHER IN ACTION – OUR GOAL HAS BEEN REACHED!
- THANK YOU!! United in faith ST. MARY’S DID IT!! $25,394. You have made a difference in the lives of so many! The Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor (Isaiah 61:1) Please continue to contribute to TIA since TIA surplus funds will be allocated to our Building Fund (and that's important, too!).
WHOOOOOO'S GOT THEIR GROCERY CARDS? Grocery Cards are available in the Gathering Area after each weekend Mass, or at the Parish Office. You can purchase yours with cash, cheque, Debit, Mastercard, or Visa.
- Co-op (6% profit),
- Nofrills/Superstore (5% profit),
- Safeway/Sobeys (5% profit), and
- Save On Foods (6% profit).
We purchase our grocery gift cards in bulk at a discounted price; you buy them from us for $100 and get to spend $100 - an excellent fundraiser, which is used to help make St. Mary’s Mortgage payments. Come visit with us in the Gathering Area. Information, Helen Stock (403) 932-2782 OR firstname.lastname@example.org
Stewardship Sign-up Forms 2019-2020
Go to menu at top of this page. Click on "More" and choose "Forms" (online or printable).
- REGISTRATION FOR SACRAMENTS OF FIRST RECONCILIATION and FIRST EUCHARIST will take place Sept. 14 and 15, before and after Mass, in the Gathering Area. Children in Grade 2, as well as those in Grade 3 and older who did not receive their First Eucharist in Grade 2, will have an opportunity to prepare and celebrate this sacrament after Christmas. Classes for the Sacrament of First Reconciliation will be in October and November, with the Celebration of First Reconciliation to take place during a Penitential Service December 5, at 6:30 pm. A copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate, along with the fee of $25.00 MUST accompany your child’s registration form. Registrations will not be accepted after Sept. 29. If you have any questions, please contact Fr. Dennis: 403-932-2944 or email@example.com or the Sacramental Coordinator, Audrey, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- LADIES OF ST. MARY’S FIRST FALL MEETING: Wed. Sept. 11, at 7 pm, in the meeting rooms at the back of the church. Our mission is "to strengthen our SPIRITUAL LIFE, offer SERVICE and SUPPORT to others and stimulate parish life through SOCIAL activities." Our meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month, at 7:00 pm. We invite new members and present members to attend our meeting on September 11th to discuss our vision for the Ladies Group for the 2019-20 season.
- FROM LONELINESS TO TOGETHERNESS (also known as “All in the Same Boat”) People who experience prolonged loneliness after a life crisis might have difficulty feeling part of the Church Community. Coming September, twice a month, a small support group hopes to create a space for such people to meet and discover the joy of belonging, to help them move from loneliness to togetherness. How? By reaching out to others, by practising contemplative prayer, finally by experiencing true communion in healthy togetherness”. Interested? Want to know more? Call Marie Desmarais (cell: 587-968-4651) or text or email: email@example.com
- MUSIC–DIOCESAN CHANT WORKSHOP: St. Mary’s Parish, Saturday, Sept. 21, 1 pm- 4:45pm. All Choir and Cantors are invited from 1 pm - 3:45pm. All Parishioners are invited to come 4 pm - 4:45pm and practice singing in preparation for the official “Installation of our Pastor,” which will be celebrated with Bishop McGrattan at our 5pm Mass that day. Let’s make this an especially beautiful Mass for Father Dennis and our Parish. For more information: please contact Nathene Arthur, firstname.lastname@example.org
** Fr. Dennis’ Installation as Pastor with Bishop McGrattan will take place on Sat., Sept 21st, during the 5:00 pm Mass.
- BEGINNING SEPTEMBER 22, for our CHILDREN on SUNDAY: during the 10 AM MASS:
- SUNDAY CIRCLE: for ages 3-5 years. Children's Liturgy of the Word is a lectionary-based program, offered during the Sunday Morning Mass. The children are dismissed from Mass near the beginning and return during the Preparation of Gifts. Involves story telling, singing songs, and a craft activity.
- CHILDREN'S LITURGY: for ages 6-8 years. Children in Kindergarten to Grade 2 are invited to participate. The Liturgy of the Word is celebrated using age- appropriate readings bringing the Word of God closer to the children's understanding level.
- BICENTENARY CELEBRATION (1820-2020): SISTERS, FAITHFUL COMPANIONS OF JESUS (FCJ) - 200 years since the foundation of the FCJ Society in Amiens, France! The FCJs have served in Calgary since1885. For the FCJs, their Companions in Mission (lay Associates), friends, colleagues and associates, celebrations will begin on the Foundress’s birthday, September 21, 2019, and end on the Feast of Christ the King, November 22, 2020.
- SEEKING CHRIST?
- ADULTS —Are you seeking what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ as a CatholicChristian? Would you like to know the peace and joy that following Jesus can bring and the difference it will make in your life? The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) can help. For more info., contact email@example.com
- AND for CHILDREN —Do you wish to help lead your child into a relationship with Jesus Christ? "JESUS SAID, LET THE LITTLE CHILDREN COME TO ME, AND DO NOT STOP THEM." (Matthew 19: 14). The Rite of Christian Initiation of Children meets on Sunday mornings, focuses on the teachings of Jesus, and how to live as His disciple. RCIC leads to the reception of the sacraments of baptism, confirmation and first eucharist at an Easter vigil. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- ST. MARY’S PASTORAL CARE TEAM is eager to visit the lonely, shut-ins, aging, sick, dying and bereaved. If you would like a visit from our team, or to arrange a meeting with them, please call Jim Ward (403-981-8882) or e-mail him email@example.com, and Jim will arrange it.
- P2EATS – A PLANT BASED, HOME DELIVERY, FOOD SERVICE: Co-Owners - Susan Hoy & Theresa Perciasepe. In an ongoing effort to raise funds, St Mary’s has entered into a rental agreement with P2Eats for the rental of the parish kitchen for the following times: Sundays 1-5pm, Mondays 8am–5pm & Wednesdays 8am – noon. The agreement allows for the priority of parish functions; however, if there is a conflict of usage time, there may be occasions where the kitchen will need to be shared. Please address any questions or concerns to Fr. Dennis or Greg Braganza.
- WE LOVE HAVING YOU AS PART OF OUR FLOCK! Let’s keep in touch! Get important updates via email & text. FLOCKNOTE lets you choose what info. you'd like to receive - via e-mail or text message -from St. Mary’s, and you can unsubscribe any time! If you haven’t already signed up, please take a moment now to join your fellow parishioners for this new service. It’s free, it’s simple, and it will streamline our Communications. Visit https://app.flocknote.com/StMarysCochrane to sign up. If you have any questions or encounter any problems, please contact Darryl Goyetche via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEWS ALERT ON USE OF CREDIT CARDS: Did you know that St. Mary's Parish pays a little more than $10,000.00 each year for credit card fees? Therefore, and if possible, please consider using cash, debit card, or a cheque when paying for grocery cards, sacramental preparation materials, etc. Thank you!
- LIBRARY: - near the Lost and Found, by Connections. Nice selection of books available to our parishioners. Have a look!